For my February 2020 edition of BBC Music Introducing In The Channel Islands we had something a little different as I spoke to a pair of record labels from the islands about events and releases they have coming up.
First was Guernsey based label Magic Moustache Records, the brain child of Joe Le Long and Gregory Harrison who might be more familiar to you from Lord Vapour (in the case of Joe) and The Recks (in the case of both of them), After releasing Lord Vapour’s music in the past they are now spreading their wings a little wider with the release of the new album from Stone Cold Fiction as a limited vinyl edition, and I also spoke to the three guys from the Brighton based band too.
I then caught up with James Dolan from Jersey based Bubblebrain Records who have been putting one events in the island over the last couple of years teaming visiting ‘tribute’ bands with local original acts to get the new music heard by a wider audience and they have their biggest event to date coming up as they welcome Creation Records founder Alan McGee to the island.
You can listen to the show via the BBC Sounds app or through your browser by clicking here.
- The Electric Shakes – Trash
- The Tarantulips – Gush
- VICE – An Angel’s Song
- Parish 13 – Dead Man Sailing
- Lifejacket – Soul Drain
- Ukuladeez – Antiques Roadshow Blues
- Lord Vapour – Burning Planet
- The Recks – Red Rocking Chair (live)
- Stone Cold Fiction – Mary
- Flexagon – St Peter Port 1AM (extract)
- The Pirates – Player
- My Bughouse – SoiDistant
- Kings – Enemy
- Chaz Chapman – You’re The One
- Monty Taft – Friend Not My Fear (Glass)
- Primal Scream – Rocks
- Test Switch – Voices
- Tadhg Daly – Cold Summer Love
- Robert J. Hunter – Say What (live)