This month BBC Introducing in Guernsey and Jersey have been combined so going forward its BBC Music Introducing In The Channel Islands, with me still in the hot seat for the final Saturday of each month.
With that in mind the show features something of a broader scope with music from across the islands so, even though my guests were both from one Bailiwick they already came with a wider view.
The Recks joined me to talk about their upcoming UK tour which happens next month and sees them play around the south of England (well worth heading out to if they’re playing nearby) and they told me about the ‘challenges’ of life on the road for the band.
I also spoke to blackened death metal band Atomised who make their return to the stage at a show in Jersey for Twice Dead Records in May. The band were formerly known as the original, three-piece, incarnation of Darker Shores but are back with, we hope, as much power and ferocity as ever, making a statement for metal in the islands.
As ever this episode of the show is available for a month on the BBC Sounds app and online by clicking here – but you can hear a new show every Saturday night highlighting music from the islands.
- The Cryptics – Black Lucy
- Clameur de Haro – Devil’s Hole
- The Pirates – Before The Crows
- Elliot Falla and The Blue Valentines – So Easy
- Tadhg Daly – Hit The Ground
- track not found – Code Red
- The Recks – In The Garden
- The Recks – Trainwreck
- Darker Shores/Atomised – Nothing To No One
- Kevin Pallot – Home
- Buffalo Huddleston – Sky High
- Hot Plastic – Mayonnaise
- Monty Taft – Bloom
- The Recks – You’re What I Want
- Darker Shores/Atomised – Cursed Beyond The Veil
- Bright Orange Spectacle – She Could Get Better
- The Honest Crooks – Stressball
- The Dodge Brothers – Middle Of Nowhere