For the October 2017 edition of BBC Introducing in Guernsey then, I presented a show very much looking back and looking forward.
The first hour of the show featured the organisers of the Sound Guernsey events for under-18s, Jon and Anni Bisson, who over the last two years have provided a place for the islands youngsters experience live music while also giving new bands a place to play alongside some more established acts.
Then for the second half of the show I took a look at some highlights of the past decade of music in Guernsey (there too many to fit into an hour) as well as the BBC Introducing 10th birthday celebration that took place at Brixton Academy earlier in the month.
Along with that I took my usual look at some bands who’ve been gigging around the island recently and we featured the new single from Kings (you can see the video below).
- SugarSlam – It’s Saturday
- Ukuladeez – Antiques Roadshow Blues
- Byzanthian Neckbeard – Indoctrinate The Priestess
- Clameur de Haro – Chinese Burn
- Kings – Heroin(e)
- TANTALE – Lung
- WaterColour Matchbox – Migraine
- Burning At Both Ends – Before You Go Away
- Slaves – The Hunter (live)
- Everything Everything – Desire (live)
- Third Time Lucky – Forever And A Day
- Thee Jenerators – Voodoo Hound
- Teaspoonriverneck – Michael Drugless
- Last Of The Light Brigade – Be My Love
- Courage Have Courage – All Night Long
- Tonight The Skies – Mexico
- Of Empires – Carla
- Asylum Seekas – Intrepid Levels
- Robyn Sherwell – Islander
- Nessi Gomes – Diamonds and Demons
- mura masa and Charli XCX – 1 Night