As BBC Introducing enters its tenth year I started off 2017 with a special live session from Nessi Gomes, a look at Robert J. Hunter‘s new album and a selection of brand new music from around the islands.
Following the release of her debut album, Diamonds & Demons, last autumn Nessi Gomes returned to Guernsey in January 2017 for a show at The Fermain Tavern, while she was in the island she joined me in the studio to record a solo acoustic session featuring tracks from the album and two brand new songs.
Having released three albums in the past two years I caught up with Robert J. Hunter and spoke to him about his latest release, Where I’m From, and what its been like making his mark on the blues scene in the UK since he left the islands.
You can listen to the show on the BBC iPlayer by clicking here or with the BBC iPlayer Radio App.
- Static Alice – Speak Easy
- Blue Mountains – Little Sadie
- Buff Hudd – The Experience of Life (live)
- The Recks – Lovers In The Night
- Of Empires – Soho
- WaterColour Matchbox – The Wall
- Cameron Tyson – Recessive Allele
- Nessi Gomes – These Walls (live)
- Nessi Gomes – Diamonds & Demons (live)
- Robert J. Hunter – Wonderful Life
- Robert J. Hunter – Growing Old
- Burning At Both Ends – Making A Statement
- Brunt – Son of Smoke
- Nessi Gomes – Dream Ride (live)
- Nessi Gomes – What Have We Done? (live)
- Nessi Gomes – Black Angel (live)
- Robert J. Hunter – Bigger Things
- Flexagon and TANTALE – The Question (remix)
- Elliot Falla – My Mind
- Bonfire Nights – Ego Death
- James Dumbelton – College Boy