On the April 2016 edition of BBC Introducing Guernsey I had some live semi-acoustic ska-punk and a preview of the new album from a Guernsey based singer-songwriter who is in the midst of a hugely successful crowd funding campaign.
This month’s live session came from Honest Crooks who have spent the last year gaining an impressive reputation for their live shows that mix their own songs with their version of well-known ska-punk tracks from the last 20 years.
They played four original songs for us ahead of appearing on the BBC Introducing Guernsey stage at the Guernsey Arts Commission‘s Arts Sunday event on June 5th.
I also spoke to Nessi Gomes who has recently recorded her debut album, following a crowd funding campaign that raised almost $50,000!
You can listen to the show through the BBC iPlayer website by clicking here or with the BBC iPlayer Radio App.
- Static Alice – Speak Easy
- Robert J. Hunter – Rumour Mill
- Blue Mountains – Little Sadie
- The Doomsday Project – Rumours
- Lydia Pugh – Voul-ous enne p’tite goute? (Would you like a little tipple?)
- Herston – To Your Health
- Citizen-X – Sirens
- Honest Crooks – Benchman (live)
- Honest Crooks – Old Bones (live)
- Nessi Gomes – You Guided Me
- Nessi Gomes (with Sam Lee) – Diamonds and Demons
- Lifejacket – Soul Drain
- Tantale – Go To Get Gone
- SugarSlam – State
- Stone Em All – Laser Wolf
- Honest Crooks – Stay Near (live)
- Honest Crooks – Rain or Shine (live)
- Nessi Gomes – These Walls
- Of Empires – Baby Darlin’ Sugar (live)
- Of Empires – Lungs (live)
- Teaspoonriverneck – Eaten By The Devil