On this month’s BBC Introducing Guernsey radio show I had three guests spanning a range of the music being made by Guernsey artists.
The session this month came from Ramblin’ Nick Mann who recently put out his debut album, One Eye In The Past, and he played six of his lo-fi, homemade, blues for us on one of his cigar box guitars (we didn’t use the beer can mic for this one).
I also spoke to Robyn Sherwell who has just completed a UK tour and released her self-titled debut album following on from a huge year in 2015 where she played Glastonbury, was featured by Jo Wiley on BBC Radio 2 amongst many other things.
And I heard from Stevie McMinn of Mt. Wolf who played this month’s SXSW music festival in Austin Texas.
- Last Of The Light Brigade – Sweat
- Wondergeist – Never Leave A Man Behind
- HONEST CROOKS – Old Bones
- Thee Jenerators – Bela Lugosi
- Blue Mountains – Born In The Fire
- Sons of Cain – Magic Man
- Gregory Harrison – Demons
- Robyn Sherwell – Islander
- Robyn Sherwell – My Hand
- Ramblin’ Nick Mann – The Devil Leapt (live)
- Ramblin’ Nick Mann – Fools Gold (live)
- Ramblin’ Nick Mann – Ramblin’ Man (live)
- BLAKALASKA – Machine
- Atari – Neverland
- Flexagon. & Graam – UDU
- Robyn Sherwell – Heart
- Robyn Sherwell – Portrait
- Ramblin’ Nick Mann – Pink Cottage Blues (live)
- Ramblin’ Nick Mann – Bad To The Bone (live)
- Ramblin’ Nick Mann – The Murder Song (live)
- Mt. Wolf – Hex