For the show we had a live session from Americana tinged, folk duo Blue Mountains who played four songs for us including their take on traditional songs and original compositions based in the darker corners of Guernsey’s history and they told us the story behind the band and the music as well.
I also spoke to Static Alice and Last Of The Light Brigade about their recent gig at the Guernsey Bowl which saw live music return to the venue after an 8 year break and I played out some of the interviews heard earlier in the week on Radio 1 with Colin Leach from The Guernsey Press, Shifty from The Fermain Tavern and DJ Oneofakind from The Get Down.
You can listen to the show on the BBC iPlayer by clicking here and find out more about BBC Introducing Guernsey on our Facebook page or by following us on Twitter.
And if you want to send your music in click here.
- Buffalo Huddleston – Chillin’
- Stalk the Lantern – Walk With Lights (live)
- Semu Cà – Meteors Over Russia
- To The Woods – For Granted
- Lifejacket – Covers
- The Recks – Stranger
- Blue Mountains – Poor Ellen Smith
- Blue Mountains – Born In The Fire
- RentOClean – Soap On A Rope
- Robert J. Hunter – Demons
- Schema – Before I Met You
- Last Of The Light Brigade – The Door
- Static Alice – Southern Star
- Blue Mountains – Dimming of the Day
- Blue Mountains – Little Sadie
- Asylum Seekas – Pass The Mic
- The Space Pirates of Rocquaine – Coming Home
- Eureka Machines – Pop Star