BBC Introducing Guernsey returned to the air on Saturday 29th June 2013 for another show packed with music from the around Guernsey and the Channel Islands.
This month I took a look a forward to Chaos with Greenman MCC’s OzyChris and Dexy as they get ready to bring three days of music and motorcycles to the Pleinmonth headland with Mallory Knox and [Spunge] from the UK headlining alongside The Recks, Teaspoonriverneck, Big Machine, Sugarslam and loads more.
I also spoke to Twelve Ton Trouble on the show just days after the release of their debut album, and the launch show for it, as they get ready for a summer of gigs and already prepare for work on some new recordings.
And The Black Vote told us about their new split album with Jersey’s Bulletproof.
- The Sacred Hearts – Adorable
- Richey Powers – In The Garden (live, acoustic)
- The Killing Floor – Star Baby
- Mt. Wolf – Hypolight
- Citizen X – Observe
- Oliver Wade – Sarah Minor
- Black Market Baby – Baby, All Our Love Is Dead
- Teaspoonriverneck – Superzero
- Mallory Knox – Hello
- SugarSlam – It’s Saturday
- The Black Vote – The Families Have Been Informed
- Bulletproof – Lock In At The Minquiers
- Twelve Ton Trouble – Twelve Ton Trouble
- Twelve Ton Trouble – Chosen
- Bright_Lights – Take Me
- Whitechapel Murders – Imagine A Boot Stamping On A Human Face Forever
- Adam Powell – Fluidity (live)
- O’Hooley & Tidow – Spancil Hill
- The Barley Dogs – The Bel Air Affair
And here’s a taste of Twelve Ton Trouble recorded by Guernsey Gigs at the band’s album launch: