For the April 2013 edition of BBC Introducing Guernsey I was joined in the studio by two acts at different stages of their career.
First was Mt. Wolf, half of whom originally hail from Guernsey, though they are now based in London. The band have been making a name for themselves off the back of their debut EP Life Size Ghosts and a series of shows around the city, but are, as I write, heading around the UK on their first nationwide tour. The tour started with a show in Guernsey with support from Lloyd Yates and Bright_Lights and I caught up with them while they were in the island.
The second ‘live’ guest was young singer-songwriter Jack McGahy who has been playing gigs around the island regularly since last summer – as well as talking to Jack he also played a four song acoustic session for us.
- Last Of The Light Brigade – The Door
- Teaspoonriverneck – Rust In Space
- BRIGHT_LIGHTS – Take Me
- Lloyd Yates – Bring Back The Life
- Jack Sinclair-Stott – What They Have Done
- Distant Shores – Between The Motions
- MURAMASA – Birdcage Chain
- Mt. Wolf – Life Size Ghosts
- Mt. Wolf – Hypolight
- The Half Day Fridays – Jack Of All Trades
- Jack McGahy acoustic session – DUI, Most Wanted, Starstruck, Scary Love
- SugarSlam – Jagerbomb
- Lifejacket – Brains
- Brunt – A Concise Cosmic History of the Swob Monster Pt.1 (The Birth of Fuzz)
- Mike Meinke aka Buffalo Huddleston – Chillin’ (live)
- The Recks – She Wants That Too
- Moko – Summon The Strength
- The Space Pirates of Rocquaine – Witch of the Longfrie (live)
And here’s a video of Jack playing in the studio:
And this is Mt. Wolf’s new video: